Tinting your Brows
By changing your brow color you can add depth and the illusion of thickness and dimension. Richer tones on your brows will help to “frame” your eyes, offering a more finished look to your face.
Invisible eye brows or brows that are just not quite dark enough can fail even the most perfect brow shape. Brow tinting can be the perfect solution as it helps to fill in the sparse areas and define the brow shape, while creating the illusion of thickness.
What is Eyebrow Tinting?
Eyebrow tinting is the process of applying semi-permanent dye to enhance, shape, and define your brows. It gives the appearance of thicker, more youthful looking brows.
What to Expect During an Eyebrow Tinting Appointment
How long does it take? An average session takes only about 15 minutes. We will discuss how full and natural you want your brows to look. Then we will prep the area, cleaning the brows and applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly around them to prevent any accidental skin staining. The dye is then mixed and carefully applied, first in the direction of how your brow hairs grow and then a second layer is applied in the opposite direction. The dye is left on for a few minutes to attain optimal color, then any excess is removed with a damp paper towel.
Eyebrow Tint Aftercare
• Do not touch or rub your eyes, eyelashes or eyebrows immediately after the treatment.
• If redness or irritation occurs, apply a cool damp cotton compress to the eye area. If symptoms persist for more than 24 hours seek medical advice.
• The effects of the tint will start to diminish within 2-3 weeks as hair grows out and the tint color fades. Strong sunlight/UV light can make the tint color fade faster.
• Avoid washing your hair, eyelids, eyelashes, eyebrows, or swimming for 24 hours, as these activities can cause the tint results to fade. Also avoid exfoliating facial cleansers. Those containing AHA’s or other chemical exfoliates may decrease the life of your tint. A gentle facial cleanser or eye makeup remover is recommended.
• Do not apply makeup or mascara to lashes or receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after the lash or brow tinting treatment.
• Try to use oil-free facial products around the eye area to prolong the tint color.
• You can receive the lash or brow tinting treatment every 3-4 weeks.
• If you have any questions about your post-care, contact your salon/spa.
Before & After
Eyebrow Tint FAQs
Up to eight weeks
Clean brows will ensure the tint can absorb properly. DO wash your face and shower after eyebrow tinting. Try to avoid applying oil based products directly on your eyebrows or using harsh face washes that will lighten the tint more quickly. DON'T hit the beach or go swimming after eyebrow tinting.
Usually, no. Eyebrow tinting is relatively safe, as long as there are no harmful chemicals used in the dye.
However, if you're panicking on your drive home from the salon, take a breather. After your first shower and wash your face, the tint will fade some, and it should start to look more natural.
An eyebrow tint can last up to six weeks depending on how quickly your hair grows. The colour will gradually fade and some hairs will naturally fall out at the end of their growth cycle. As a result, quick touch-ups are part of the process.
We hate to break it to you, but if you thought that your brows should perfectly match your hair, you might want to think again. In fact, your eyebrows should actually be darker than your hair color—unless your tresses are pitch black. This is what looks the most natural.