What is a VersaSpa Spray Tan?
Our VersaSpa® Spray Tan System provides a premium spray tanning experience with 3 spray nozzles for even full body coverage. Enjoy a warm open booth environment that is comfortably heated for an easy and relaxing experience, resulting in a natural looking tan.
• All tanning solutions are infused with marine algae to detoxify, firm, and rejuvenate skin
• Breakthrough technology helps eliminate skin-odour
• Hydrate and extend your tan with Perfector and Moisturizer options
• All formulas are Gluten Free • Paraben Free • Cruelty Free • Non-Comedogenic
Do and don'ts of Spray Tan
• DO shower, exfoliate and shave.
• DO use moisturizers and lotions specially formulated exclusively for spray tanning.
• DO wear loose-fitting, dark clothing and flip-flops or sandals to avoid rub-off.
• DON’T wear makeup, deodorants or perfumes. They can create a barrier for absorption.
• DO wear a swimsuit or undergarments that you don’t mind staining — if you wear anything at all!
• DO wear a protective hair cap and remove all jewelry. Remember to remove your watch or fitness tracker!
• DO apply a light layer of barrier cream in areas where skin tends to be rougher — especially elbows, hands and feet (including cuticles, fingers and toes) — as they tend to soak up more color.
• DO moisturize daily with a high quality product formulated for spray-tanned skin.
• DO use soaps made to extend the life of your tan.
• DO maintain your spray tan between sessions with a self-tanning product.
• DON’T sweat heavily, shower, bathe or swim for at least 4 hours afterward.
• DON’T use pore strips or bandages that will take off your tan.
• DON’T use an exfoliant until you’re preparing to spray again.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Sunless Spray Tan lasts between 5 to 7 days depending on the formulation you choose and the condition of your skin. It can last longer if well maintained.
Not only are airbrush tanning and spray-booth tanning methods more effective and much quicker than tanning beds, but they are also healthier. They are UV-free, which means the risk of accelerated skin aging or skin disease is not present.
For the best results, it's recommended that you wait eight hours to shower after your spray tan is completed. The minimum amount of time to wait is four hours. If you don't wait long enough to allow the DHA to set in, it could cause the tan to be less intense.
In terms of spray tans, some people believe that their skin does look more glowy and bronzed after showering, while others don't notice much difference. For the most part, a shower itself won't just instantly make your skin darker or spray tan develop further, but this should gradually develop after showering.
NO! Unlike bad imitations and older style machines, the VersaSpa will leave you with nothing but a huge smile and a beautiful, natural bronzed glow.
• Ensure you have clean skin prior to your session and no makeup
• Shower but do not put on any creams or moisturizers
• Exfoliate your skin
• If you tan prior, DO NOT use a silicone based lotion, use a “double dip” lotion.
• Wear loose dark clothing. The solution will not stain clothing, but no sense in taking chances right?
• Watch the video above so you know what to expect, but don’t worry, our staff will give you a thorough explanation of all steps prior to your session.
• After your spray tan, avoid showering, sweating, or getting wet for at least 6-8 hours.
• To help your spray tan last longer, ensure you are moisturizing regularly.
• Do not scrub or use super-hot water when showering.
• Your spray tan should last about 5-7 days if it’s taken care of properly.
Not all skin chemistry is the same, but 89% of our panelist surveyed said ‘little or no odour’. VersaSpa products are formulated with breakthrough odour control technology, Odor-Ban 200™, designed to virtually eliminate the odour commonly caused by sunless products.
The spray tan solution is non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog your pores. If you do have a history of sensitive skin, we recommend talking with your physician before using any products on your skin.
The bronzer is water soluble and will be removed after the next wash in cold water. To avoid the risk altogether, do not wear tight fitting or light coloured clothing right after applying your tan.